[VsCoq 2] Call for beta-testers

Hi everyone,

My name is Romain Tetley, I am the newly recruited engineer working full-time on VsCoq 2.

As some of you might have noticed, we have been rolling out pre-release versions of VsCoq 2 on the market place. Following this dynamic, we would like to make an official announcement as well as call for some beta-testers.

The first official release should be around the same time as coq 8.18 so if any you would like to start testing it and give us some feedback before that it would be extremely helpful !

We look forward to hearing from you and hope you will enjoy VsCoq 2.

Kind regards,
Romain for the VsCoq team

1 Like

You can find the installation instructions over here: GitHub - coq-community/vscoq: A Visual Studio Code extension for Coq [maintainers=@maximedenes,@huynhtrankhanh,@thery,@Blaisorblade]

Cheers,
Romain

EDIT: My apologies for the noise, I realised that I happened to test randomly on a file using --impredicative-set which appears to have been at the root of the crashes. With other files, it seems to work!

Hi Yannick,

Thanks for the feedback !
This still feels like a bug ! Would you mind opening an issue on the github page with a minimal example to reproduce the crash with --impredicative-set ? It would be really helpful !

Cheers,
Romain

Hmm I have at least a file that systematically crashes the server, and I thought it was due to the emacs style annotation for passing options at the end of the file, but I can’t seem to reproduce it minimally. I need to play with it more and I’ll open an issue once I figure it out.

Is there a better way to restart the server than to close the whole thing and redo “open folder” once I get the “Connection to server got closed. Server will not be restarted.” message?

We haven’t implemented a Restart server command yet. So long you can just use the command palette (Control + Shift + P by default I believe) and just start typing Reload and launch the “Developer: Reload Window” command.